Saturday, September 9, 2023

NOT WHAT MY HANDS HAVE DONE

 NOT WHAT MY HANDS HAVE DONE


#Hymn #ArtOfHymning #HymnsRetuned #FrosMusic

Tune: CALL TO CHRISTIANS
Meter: SMD
Text: Horatius Bonar, 1864
Music: Fr. J. Roel Lungay, 1994
Piano Arr: TQ Solis, Jr.
Orchestration: Meo Mascariñas

1
Not what my hands have done
Can save my guilty soul;
Not what my toiling flesh has borne
Can make my spirit whole.

2
Not what I feel or do
Can give me peace with God;
Not all my prayers,
And sighs and tears
Can bear my awful load.

3
I bless the Christ of God;
I rest on love divine;
And with unfaltering lip and heart,
I call this Savior mine.

4
His cross dispels each doubt,
I bury in His tomb
My unbelief, and all my fear,
Each lingering shade of gloom.

5
I praise the God of grace,
I trust His truth and might
He calls me His, I call Him mine,
My God, my joy, my light.

6
'Tis He Who saveth me,
And freely pardon gives
I love because He loveth me,
I live because He lives!

Text: Horatius Bonar, 1864
Music: CALL TO CHRISTIANS; Fr. J. Roel Lungay, 1994

 


No comments:

Post a Comment