Thursday, February 27, 2014

TO GOD WITH GLADNESS SING

Tune: CALL TO CHRISTIANS 
Meter: 6 6 6 6
Based on Psalm 95
Text: James Quinn, SJ, b. 1919
Music: Fr. J. Roel Lungay, b. 1960 © 1994
Vocals by Fr. J. Roel Lungay
Piano arrangement by TQ Solis, Jr.
Orchestration by Romeo Mascarinas
Cover Art by Glenn Angcla

1
To God with gladness sing,
Your Rock and Savior bless;
Within his temple bring
Your songs of thankfulness!

2
He cradles in his hand
The heights and depths of earth;
He made the sea and land,
He brought the world to birth!

Refrain:
To God with gladness sing
All creatures Him adore
The God of us all
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

3
Your heav’nly Father praise,
Acclaim his only Son,
Your voice in homage raise
To Him who makes all one!

(Refrain)

Coda:
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Text: James Quinn, SJ, Copyright © 1980, G.I.A. Publications, Inc.
Refrain © 2013 J. Roel Lungay (12/28/13)
Music: CALL TO CHRISTIANS © 1994 J. Roel Lungay




2 comments:

  1. i am the director of music at chorus Angelorum choir at mt. st. Thresa chapel at kisubi, Uganda. I like church music. It is a youth choir. The members are devoted in serving God through music. However alot of support is required for us to be able to do our work. if you have any assistance interms of musical instruments like keybords, guitars, drum kits, some wind and brass instruments please we will be grateful. contact me at davidssekabira@gmail.com or +256782508656/704900643.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been checking this site for quite sometimes I just read your message. I apologized.

      I retired 3 years ago from active ministry because of health; I did have quite a few instruments (good condition). I offered them to charity but no takers. Eventually I was able to give it to friend swho were in need of musical instruments. Even more regrets. I iwsh I've read your message in 2018.

      Delete