Tuesday, February 25, 2014

MY SONG IS LOVE UNKNOWN

Tune: CALL TO CHRISTIANS 
Meter: 6 6 6 6 with Refrain
Text: Samuel Crossman, c. 1624-1683
Music: Fr. J. Roel Lungay, b. 1960 © 1994
Performed by Fr. J. Roel Lungay
Piano arranged by TQ Solis, Jr.
Orchestration by Romeo Mascarinas
Cover Art by Glenn Angcla

1
My song is love unknown,
My Savior’s love for me,
Love to the loveless shown
That they might lovely be.

2
He came from his blest throne,
Salvation to bestow,
But all made strange, and none
The longed-for Christ would know.

Refrain:
But who am I, my Lord
That for my sake you’ve come
The God of us all
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

3
Here might I stay and sing,
No story so divine:
Never was love, dear King,
Never was grief like thine.

(Refrain)

Coda:
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Text: Samuel Crossman, c. 1624-1683;
Refrain added by Fr. J. Roel Lungay (1/3/14)
Music: CALL TO CHRISTIANS; Fr. J. Roel Lungay © 1994 Fro's Music




No comments:

Post a Comment